John Stuart Motor Co in Worsley, Manchester
Avoid at all cost, there is other dealerships within walking distance! Day of purchase:
• the price quoted on auto trader was not the price on the forecourt.
• auto trader also stated the car had satnav which I did not.
• they taxed us twice (accidentally taxing our old car)• 2nd Key was not working
• service booklet was not stamped (although he checked if it was serviced and it was)
• on the drive home we noticed the Blower Fans didn't work, called immediately and were advised to bring the car back the following week as the service department were closed
• during the week we discovered, the clutch pedal was squeaking, the rear view mirror was not attached firmly or in the correct position. 1st visit
• advised about the above.
• they fixed the key (new battery I think)
• they greased the clutch
• sort of fixed the blower fan (still not 100% working) - during the week we discovered that the AC was not working (the re-gasser highlighted a fault) and the blower fan sounded like something was pressing against / rubbing against it.
We rung the dealership, spoke to the Manager Billy about the trouble we were still having, he advised they could not compensate for the mileage (120 miles round trip), or even extend the 3-month warranty on the whole car, not even the parts fitted (although most garages offer 12-month warranty on any part they purchase and fit). They were also unwilling to collect the car or allow get it fixed closer to home and them reimburse for the cost. I was advised any/all of these options would cost them too much money and he advised if I had any complaints speak to trading standards.2nd visit. We left our car with them and advised that we needed to pick it up Thursday evening, and they were happy with this time scale to get all the work done. We were advised the parts could be ordered Monday, we were given a courtesy car which was filthy, it had empty McDonald’s and cereal boxes, was smelly, and was in a bad state, so I asked for it to be cleaned; as there was no one around to clean it they gave me another car instead - although this was not much better as although there was no rubbish in it the seats had white stains all over them and cigarette burns. I called Tuesday and Wednesday for an update, and was advised nothing had been done yet, and that the AC, the blower motor, and clutch master cylinder would all be fitted at the same time as they all require the dash being removed.I called Thursday and the service person advised he was not sure if it would be done in time, as it’s a 2-hour drive for me plus traffic after a certain time it was pointless me attempting to make the trip. At this point I understandably began to get annoyed and questioned why it was taking so long, and why was it not all checked on the first visit, or even before selling the car. I asked the service guy the following before he put the phone down on me:
• did you check the clutch after you greased it?
• did you check the blower?
• did you check the AC
To me checking the clutch and blower takes 30 seconds, checking the AC take a few min for the AC to cool down now they may be separate system but to me the cold air and the hot air come out of the same place.At this point the service guy became very defensive and put the phone down on me and I understandably called back immediately and harsh words were exchanged. Subsequently when I went to pick up the car, the dealership owner said that they are through with me and they would not uphold the 3-month warranty any more. the conversation between us became heated and he pushed me and threatened me. One of the salesmen grabbed me around the neck with both hands, I hit him in self-defence (I caught his ear) he then punched me 3 or 4 times in my head; the owner and staff then laughed at me as I was leaving, and the salesman then threatened to kill me. I have recording of the entire exchange and photos of the bruising to my head, I also have a screen shot from auto-trader with a description and price.